How can you utilize EQ/DSP Room Correction w/ SACD

Today's AV receivers and Processors are, more than ever, including better Parametric EQ and DSP room corrective circuitry. I pressume most all of these (obviously, the later) function in the digital domaine. My question is, what is, or are, the best ways to handle SACD material from an outboar player, and still take advantage of the benefits of the EQ/DSP correction built into the processors, for maximum acoustical correction and sonic benefits, for balanced sound in your system.
At the moment, my first thought is that you most always will have to bypass the EQ and Room correction, because you will likely have to use the 5.1/7.1 multi-channel, analog inputs when using an SACD capable player.
I am intereted in all options for using these onboard EQ's, whether processing from the analog or digital domain and/or inputs. Obviously, the most pure path possible would be ideal. Still, short of using an outboard EQ, I want to know all options with what's built in onboard.
Am I missing something? Do some players offer the ability to pass SACD in the digital domain to the receiver/processor, say via HDMI or some other digital connection?
I seem to remember Denon-Link possibly offering this connection between complementing Denon products. In a case such as this, would you be able to take advantage of something like Audyssey room DSP for SACD 2 channel of multi-channel source material?
I hope i'm making my points and questions here clear. I basically want to know the best ways to cconnect up for SACD playback, while taking full advantage of the better EQ circuits available on today's receivers and AV-pre's on the market.
Any pertinent responses appreciated.
queefee
HOWEVER! Am I to understand that there are some potential issues that might need to be adressed by using HDMI to tranport SACD/ converted PCM material? I think I read that there are some "jitter" issues in separating the signal and recontructing it, whatever? Is it better to use someother digital connection, like Coax, or can you even use coax, for connecting and playing SACD to my reciever/pre?
HOWEVER! Am I to understand that there are some potential issues that might need to be adressed by using HDMI to tranport SACD/ converted PCM material? I think I read that there are some "jitter" issues in separating the signal and recontructing it, whatever?
Not that anyone has demonstrated objectively. In fact, Charles Hanson of Ayre addressed this recently at AVSforum.

Is it better to use someother digital connection, like Coax, or can you even use coax, for connecting and playing SACD to my reciever/pre?
First, coax is not possible for SACD. Second, analog would either prevent any DSP/EQ or, alternatively, require redigitization of the signals (and, of course, another DAC process).

Kal
This has been a very interesting thread, Queefee, thanks!

Appreciate all of the excellent info, Kal!

Queefee, I would be interested to see what you determine to be the best sounding SACD playback option. Many times in these threads, there are interesting questions asked but contributing members never find out what happened with all of the info that was provided. If you could please compare the two options for yourself and let us know which one you preferred, it would be appreciated:

(1) Analog SACD outputs passing through the preamp/processor and straight through to the amplfier

or

(2) Digital PCM SACD outputs sent to the preamp/processor where Audyssey or some other room calibration system (e.g. Anthem's ARC) is applied to the signal before it is sent to the amplifier

Any others that are interested in contributing could provide their own inputs, and if we get enough data, we can have a very interesting 'survey' of data.

If each contributor could please state the equipment they used: SACD player, preamp/processor, room correction system, amplifier, and speakers, and then state which SACD playback format preferred (1) Pure Analog through Preamp/Processor or (2) PCM w/Room Correction Software

Thanks,
Dave