How can I measure the noise on my AC mains with a 2ch oscilloscope?

I’m not an EE so although I have some nice test equipment I need help. Here is the problem, the AC Mains are 120 vac but I’m trying to measure the noise on the AC signal , millivolts. I’d like to answer two questions how bad is my power and second  does my isolation transformer make a difference.

thanks for the help 

badbruno

Eric… I learned what OP means and that’s relevant! Perfect.

It’s amazing how much can be learned by reaching out to folks, and with a little bit of logic and some engineering, and like my Dad thought me … he would say well it’s already broke so we might as well try to fix it.

ok so I now have a fully active 3-way and subs open baffle system that I have turned . Convolution filters running in Roon with 132k taps to exploit digital processing!! Measurements with Earthworks Mic.

the amps I designed from Class D Pascal Audio modules … it’s amazing how critical it is the have amps that deliver Slew rates to follow the instruments!

Eric I try not to let “knuckleheads” get in the way of a hobbie !! Thank you for these links 

cheers 

I just installed a PS Audio Power Plant 15 yesterday and has made a HUGE improvement in my listening enjoyment. I was using a APC H15 power conditioner previously with good results but as soon as I lit up the PP15...bruh. Clarity, detail and dimensionality were significantly improved. Slam dunk purchase for me. PS Audio is selling them a 20% discount r/n on their website. 

pics:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sL_W8ctffvFCAiAGsrzazn_S2H2I6fo-?usp=sharing

@badbruno If you are asking me: The PP15 max output is 1500W. If you need more, they have the PP20. I'm running everything off my PP15 and only at 40% load.

Also: The reason I upgraded is b/c I noticed the system sounded better at different times of the day. 

@badbruno I think power is very important to all audio equipment.  Indeed, there are some amps that can handle bad power but all amps appreciate good power.  The advice to "plug your amp directly into the wall" comes from dealing with bad power conditioners, which is most of the less expensive ones, including some name brands. 

I am a big fan of PA Audio but I know there are others that are ok.  Bottom line it, filtering won't do it.  PS audio, and other effective models, rectify the power and then invert it (let me know if you don't know those 2 terms) back into very high quality power.  

So you got your scope working and got a trace?  excellent.  

Jerry