How best to eliminate LP warps

I own about 2500 LPs, and I like to think they're flat.  Furthermore, I espoused the view that warped LPs ought to be discarded.  But lately I have found 2 or 3 of my LPs that do have warps but sound too good and are too precious for the music recorded on them to throw away.  So I am in the market for ideas on how to remove warps.  I am aware that there was a device on the market that looked like a large waffle maker, to be used for warp removal.  I think Furutech made it, but I never see it advertised these days.  I am also aware of the DIY method of placing an LP between two glass plates and heating the ensemble.  The question there would be how hot and for how long?  Any suggestions are welcome, especially opinions on the efficacy of the Furutech.  Thanks.  Please no comments on vacuum hold down; I think it's a great idea but none of my five turntables has that feature.

lewm

Showing 4 responses by jw944ts

@mijostyn , though I have many LPs and many have some  minor degree of warping, I honestly have never heard an obvious audible effect....perhaps I am not a good listener, or it just that the areas of warpage have never coincided with a musical passage that would make the pitch variation apparent...and i have never had a LP whose warp was SO extreme that it caused skipping or mistracking....just my experience

@lewm , if i understand your situation, you have a very  small percentage of your LP collection with warps that concern you, BUT , when played, you dont notice a mistracking or audible problem....may i ask why you why wish to attempt to remedy this?  If its not broken, dont fix it.. I have a few similar, as well, BUT also dont note mistracking or pitch problems....it has bothered me, but I just shrug my shoulders....

SO, who here that have excellent TT/arm/cartridge can actually say that when they play an average warped LP that they can actually HEAR manifestations of the warp?