How best to arrange cables in this room...

Hi all,

I may be moving my system to a new room in the near future, but the only drawback is the best placement for the speakers is on either side of the fireplace, which would mean my rack would need to go off to the side (image below - hopefully it loads).

In this arrangement, I'm not sure how best to run the speaker cables. Getting equal length cables would leave a ton of extra cable by the speaker closest to the rack. Also, I can't run the cable through the wall with the fireplace (which would be more ideal) so a solution to keep it somewhat hidden going to the far right speaker would be great since I don't love having cables all over the place.

I figure this is a fairly common 'problem' so wanted to get some ideas on how to go about it.

Worst comes to worst, I can put my rack in front of the fireplace, but id prefer to avoid that if possible.

128x128mmcgill829

If you go with monoblocks and longer interconnects I'd make sure to use balanced cables, preferably a star quad setup for noise rejection.

I had the same issue in a previous house and I drilled two small holes in the floor and ran the right speaker cable under the floor. The wall to wall carpet hid the holes when I moved.

All the best.

You say wood floor, but wood floor on concrete slab or raised foundation with a crawl space? If the latter, just run your cable through the crawl space.

By the end of all of this the OP will opt out and go with a wireless system! 🤣