Hospital Grade Wall Outlets

Heard that this was a good tweak to use. Bought some but i am not sure how to wire them. Do you wire them the same as existing outlets or do you need a seperate ground wire to isolate the outlet. PLEASE HELP
mrsoundman
The plated Leviton hospital grade will probably sound better than common household outlets. As long as you are going to the trouble, why not use the best? As I stated in my earlier posting, the Hubbell is the best construction, and the best sounding. If you compare the Hubbell, all copper construction with the Leviton, all copper, the Hubbell will have lower distortion, tighter bass and smoother highs. The Hubbell is available from commercial electrical sales outlets, and is only sometime carried by electricians. The reason? The buyer only sees a final bill for the parts and labor. If the electrician can use a brand that costs less, he makes more profit. Many electricians truly believe there is NO difference in any outlet, sound or otherwise, and are merely installing what they are instructed to do. If you cannot find Hubbell locally, Michael Percy Audio Products has them in stock, at a discount of $23.50 each. These are the correct ones for audio, and are rated at 20 amps. Mike can be reached at 415-669-7181 (voice) or 415-669-7558 (fax) he prefers orders via fax.
The posting by Sdcampbell and myself must have occurred at almost the same time. I went to the site he suggested and indeed, the Hubbell plugs there are cheaper. The reason is simple, these are the 15 amp version, and are not the 20 amp version I suggested. If you really want to go to the trouble and just save a few bucks, Mike Percy sells the 15 amp version for $8.95, rather than the $24.50 price for the better ones.
Does anyone have a specific model or part number for the Hubbell to help a fellow audiophile find them locally? I have seen the 20 amp Hubbell at Home Depot but I'd guess this is not the same as the unit referred to above. Thanks.
I believe the hospital grade Hubbell in the 20 amp. version, all copper, is the heavy duty model number 8300-I. I believe the "I" in the product code refers to "Ivory" color. It is not significant to the performance.
Thanks. Once we start arguing the color of plastic housings and sound quality, I will have to draw the line *grin*.