Hooking up my phase linear model 2000 preamp, to my model 400 main amp.

I had these two units for years,hooked them up back in 2001,found they needed some work, had them repaired they have sat in the shipping box ever since. I did hook then up years ago but don't remember how I did it. Now I have them again, and want to get them going . And don't want to burn something up hooking them up wrong. Can someone give me some direction how to do this. Thanks DRW.
128x128drworth79
So will 1.0 amp or 1.5 amp be to big.
Either is fine to supply power to the protection module.
I should not have to do this for the preamp, correct?
I recommend using the bulb tester to power up the preamp too, just use a 25W light bulb for an hour.

BTW, connect a pair of cheap speakers for testing before you install the protection module.
Well I did do all them things with the bulb tester to the main amp, did the same with the  preamp,hooked up the unit, used some cheap speakers and everything actually worked. Only issue was I had to use the rear outputs on the preamp to the main amp inputs, I originally had them hooked up to the front outputs, and the unit sent no signal to the speakers. I don't know why, but it works this way so I will leave well enough alone. I do have the speaker module ordered and will use the cheap speakers until it gets here. I would like to thank everyone who offered any suggestions to help get this unit going. I have had it for a long time and sure did not want to burn it up. I really do appreciate all your words of wisdom! Thank you DRW.