Hooking DishNetwork receiver to amp=speaker noise?

I tried to send the audio outputs of my Dish Network receiver to an input on my integrated amp and it causes some low level speaker noise even when I don't use that input. The same happens if I hook the TV output to the preamp.
Normally things are dead silent with my CD players.

So I gave up on this idea (don't want to contaminate my good equipment which is for music first).

Any idea of the cause of this or any solution?
rgs92

Showing 1 response by grd022000

I have had this same experience when directly connecting the audio out (L&R) from an aging 301 receiver. The condition was not appairent at first but presented itself after years of operation. After a little trial and error I found that it was an internal ground loop due to aging components in the Dish Receiver. The telling tell was that hum was present even if the Dish receiver was completely disconnected from everything. The moment I plugged in the interconnect cables from the intergrated amp into the Dish receiver, the hum was back.

I solved the problem by going to a new Dish 211k receiver with an optical output. As Brianmgrarcom said, the sound is better/acceptable, but not spectacular.