Home made absorption panels.....

I would like to hear some good inexpensive ways to make absorption panels, particularly at first point of reflection.

Thanks.
capt369

Showing 8 responses by capt369

oops, I responded too early to these useful suggestions in my previous post. They`ve all been useful and will be concidered. Thanks for your input.
One problem that I have is that one ref. point will be on a sliding glass door covered with vertical venetion blinds. Maybe I can build something on a floor stand. Any ideas?
I suppose, that you could also cut up an old comforter and fasten the pieces to 1/4" 3x3 ft. pieces of plywood. I may try that.

Something else that comes to mind, would be a large plant at both ref. points. Of course, that would diffuse the sound rather than absorb it. I don`t suppose the diffusion would be as good as absorption. Just guessing.
Thanks Tvad, Perfectionist has quite a set-up. My problem still remains with the sliding glass door with vertical metal venetion blinds.

I`ll be using a corner set-up per bobby p`s suggestion for my merlins that are on order. Using a corner placement, I`m not sure sonically what will be experienced yet. Or, for that matter, where the ref. points would be.

I wonder if anyone else has used this corner set-up and what if any sonic benefits were achieved?
Well....as an interesting little addendum,,,,I happened upon a yard-sale today and found two new plush carpet remnants of good quality, each about 3`x6` that almost matches my carpet exactly. Paid a total of $3.00.

I`m gonna cut `em up and use `em as sound absorbers. Had a helluva day. ;o)