Home brew cleaning solution

Does anyone have a secret recipe for a safe solution ?
$30 + seems just a little steep for 99% distilled water.
scottht
I have been doing A/B comparisons of RRL with my homebrew (distilled water with about 10% isopropyl and a few drops of detergent - no photoflow in the last batch). I must say that after 50 or more cleanings I don't hear any significant difference. This is not a knock on RRL products which seem to do an excellent job - but so does the homebrew.
One difference I did note which I would be interested in comments on is that the homebrew seems to disperse more easily on the record. A few drops wipped with the record brush dissappear into the grooves. The same amount of RRL seems to bead up more and sit on the surface. Has anyone else noted this? Again, I doesn't appear to matter since RRL does a good job. On dirty records, I have taken to doing a double cleaning with my homebrew first then an RRL rinse. I think the power of the vac is more of a factor in sucking out the dirt ... just my opinion.
RRL is supposed to bead up. That is what you want. It helps make your vacuuming all the more effective.
Guys

This couldn't be simpler - this is what I use with my Moth cleaner:

1 part of Iso Propyl Alcohol
Your chemist/pharmacy can order this for you in 500ml containers

4 parts of the purest water you can find
Once again your chemist can help - mine comes in 2.5L containers.

Then - the mixing ritual:

1. Pour out 500ml of the water using your Mrs' best pyrex measuring jug and discard (the water, not the jug...)

2. Pour the IPA into the water container.

...then add a couple of drops of photograph wetting agent (this ensures the liquid spreads over the surface properly and doesn't "bead up")

Finally, give the water container a good shake to make sure everything has mixed nicely.

R.

Agree with Aroc. Brian Weitzel has explained this several times. If he'd wanted RRL to flow more evenly he could have made it do so.
When you apply the cleaning solution with a brush, do you start from the outer edge of the record or does it matter? It works best for me if I start from the outer edge of the record.