HoloAudio Spring 3 Kitsune DAC NOS

Hey guys, recently bought this and it sounds really good. I have a streamer that can upscale/sample streamed music in PCM and can do Native DSD. The DAC can go to DSD1024. The question is should i just leave what comes out of the streamer original? (some is 44.1 some is up to 192) Or should i upscale 44.1 content to lets say 176 which 4x or 192 which is non-integer. Would I gain anything?

New to the whole upscale/sample business. The DAC i understand has no filters or upscaler on board. Purely NOS. Help me Obi Wan. Thanks guys

paqua123

Showing 6 responses by paqua123

Yes, Im enjoying it so far. Seems like most content is 44.1 and upscaled to 88.2 sounds good. The 176k sounds clearer but looses heft in the sound. Will have to keep trying. Is it worth it to upscale CDs? or just go directly to the DAC?

Hey ya ...just not familiar with NOS Dacs. If it's a required thing for them to reach full potential or is straight into the DAC from whatever the streamer or CD player sends ok.? My streamers sends up to 384khz pcm and Native DSD etc. So let the streamer decide?

Ya, the NOS DAC doesnt have OS or slow filters etc. All upscale/sampling has to be done on the streamer. It's the Rose 250a. My DAC is pure NOS

Yes, I havent found streamable DSD content yet. I run native from my streamer so what ever the song is from 44.1-192hz is what plays back thru the DAC. Im connected via USB from streamer to DAC. Not sure if that is optimum but I read it offers the least limitations when passing info to the DAC. This DAC is relatively new..less than 3 weeks. Im amazed that it will get better as it gets settled in.

Ya looks like alot of classical and or some Jazz but no classic rock etc. I might try one for fun tho..The DAC will do DSD1024 so we shall see