History on ohm A's and F's.

I panned through the threads and read how the old ohm a's were remarkable.
Would like to hear more about this and other ohm speakers.
pedrillo
Dale,

I would absolutely love to hear a set of your speakers. I think that the promise of the Walsh concept has not yet been 100% fulfilled, but I remain a big fan of the concept (which is why I became the importer for German Physiks).

Where are you located?
Hello Unsound...
Please go back and read my responses of earlier today especially regarding the sub. This would be my first post on the 27th.

Regarding the Ohm numbers, sources have said that about 10,000 F's were made and around 60 A's. I do not have this on full authority, however.

Ohm basically stopped making the units because of the warranty policy they maintained. It was no problem, "no questions asked". "Blow 'em up and well repalce 'em". So many people just got very rambunctious and kept on turning them up until they blew up. Hey why not?! Ohm will replace them. They could easily have trained other people to make them, but it was easier and more cost effective to just let them disappear.

Not to mention they are exceedingly hard to manufacture, just like the DDD's are.

You are indeed correct. Ohm's use of the Walsh buzzwords are somewhat ambiguous, but there is some Walsh concept in their new products.

Csommovigo...Thank you..
You are invited at anytime to come and see, feel, touch, hear and enjoy.
I am 5 min from Cleveland Hopkins Airport in Parma Ohio.
This invitation is open to anyone. Just give a call and I will gladly set up a time for you.

I also agree, the Walsh concept has much more developement left in it.

Dale
Hi Dale,

Thanks for the invite. I'd like to come for a visit after the frost! ;-)

Chris
My design and implementation of a true Walsh sub...

"I can't help but wonder if either or both German Physiks or Dale Harder could manage to use a sub that maintains time and phase coherence in the same way that some manufacturers of more traditional cone and dome speakers have, with their Walsh inspired concepts."

Not that I really want one, but I find the need for some people who just can't keep their hands off the volume control.

As well as carbon fiber cones and Nd mag structures.

all to come, but it will take some time and money.