Higher End DACs

I am looking for a DAC (potentially streamer&DAC) to be paired in a mcintosh system (c1100/611). Its my first foray into digital streaming and I have no need for a CD player.

I see a lot of love for Esoteric, however, most seems to be around their transports? Are they not as renowned for pure digital streaming and/or standalone DACs? I see DCS (for instance) often referenced for standalone DACs - how does Esoteric compare?
ufguy73
Djones there is no level matching when doing a digital to digital comparison.

All tests are done under the exact same conditions.

In the case of the Laptop vs the Innous server, 

1: Play Music track 1 min interval, mark passage duration on Roon
2: Disconnect or reconnect either the Laptop or Server.
3: Play the exact same track from the beginning.
4: Note the differences.
5: Repeat the same test several times to verify that the conclusions are indeed correct.

So far in every test of a non dedicated server, ie Mac Mini, Desktop computer or similar device the dedicated servers did indeed produce a far more analog like presentation.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ dealer of a lot of digital
Post removed 
Heaudio123
It's worse than you just galvanic conduction of RF.  Even with optical from server to DAC, you can tweak the server to change the sound. Why? Because the RF conducts along the metal AC power cord to the wall and to the household grid. You then have a room sized mesh of metal to contend with. Also the phenomenon plainly affects DACs across open air. 
If I have a RF analyzer at the output of a DAC and just power on a disconnected NUC 15' away,I can see the MHz,GHz noise that varies as the NUC is doing it's thing.
So ...distance  battery power and optical are the factors to focus on. And as you say,lower power helps and your mention of a Faraday cage is on the right track to an objective solution. 

And despite the resistance, ll keep working to break the spell that so many are under. 
Reading some of these comments relative to streaming makes one's head spin. Do you actually sit down and listen to music or just worry about all of this technical stuff. Glad I still spin cds.
facten
Reading some of these comments relative to streaming makes one’s head spin. Do you actually sit down and listen to music or just worry about all of this technical stuff. Glad I still spin cds.
Streaming is not nearly as flawed and complicated as some here would suggest. Consider that one of the contributors is trying to define a "problem" for which he sells a special "solution."