Higher End DACs

I am looking for a DAC (potentially streamer&DAC) to be paired in a mcintosh system (c1100/611). Its my first foray into digital streaming and I have no need for a CD player.

I see a lot of love for Esoteric, however, most seems to be around their transports? Are they not as renowned for pure digital streaming and/or standalone DACs? I see DCS (for instance) often referenced for standalone DACs - how does Esoteric compare?
ufguy73
@david_ten @mikelavigne

David, there are several permutations I am thinking of but at least directionally (i.e. for discussion purposes) its sort of as below:

1) Combination Player/DAC (around 25k-35k)

- something along the lines of Esoteric K1 (maybe the newer X model)
or the new N-01x.

obviously, the big decisions here are whether to go in on CDs (though I don’t own that many but like the idea of ’owning’ and the physical media) or whether to bypass the CD and just go directly to high rez streaming.

2) Standalone DAC

- most likely something from the subset of Rossini - 25k, Vivaldi - 35k,
Reference - 40k, Esoteric D1x - 50k....I would have to think long
and hard about a Select - 80k....I also recently found about T+A so I will have to do more digging on them, particularly in comparison to MSB which I am getting really interested in.

I would still have to think about whether I want a CD transport (would be tempted to do something pretty nice if I had the standalone DAC) or a streamer.

Depending on how much I blew on the standalone DAC, I would have to consider doing an interim streamer solution (like a Lumin U1, Aurender A10, etc) and then upgrade with a more premium CD transport (Esoteric P1X, etc) or a nicer streamer.

3) Vinyl (potentially 35-60k, including tonearm, cartridge)

- I am intrigued by the ClearAudio Innovation line - and also thinking
about the Master Innovation, hence the fairly wide price range.

When I originally got my current setup of C1100, MC611, and B&W 800s I was going to do a vinyl analog setup. I still like the idea of that but am starting to wonder if that should be more of a ’niche’ source and not my primary, given the ease and volume of streaming content.

However, Im also not sure if the Mcintosh setup above is oriented and/or high enough resolution to fully realize the upper end models of the DACs, transports, and players I referenced above.

So, as you can see I still have a lot I am working through - including which source to prioritize, how to get something high quality (that hopefully still will have good synergy with the Mc setup) and that still allows for upgrade paths going forward, and what price range(s) to come in to accomplish those goals.

I should also mention the above prices are of course just for the units - I am really not sure how much cables and connects are likely to run me for each of the scenarios!

@ufguy73 , I recently have a home demo of Cary DMS-600 USD7K and the dcs Rossini USD24K. Both are musical sounding streamer/DAC and not harsh when play loud. I was introduced to Laufer Teknik Memory Player 64 but unable to audition as no dealers locally. Appreciate any owner of Laufer Teknik Memory Player feedback on their experiences. Thanks 
Given the cost of the MSB or dCS for their D/A performance, You can't overlook the Emm DA2 as another potential candidate given its value of ~$13k in the after market relative to reviews.  
Post removed 
@ufguy73 and @mikelavigne   Thank you for your detailed and thorough responses. Very helpful!

ufguy73:    Take a look at CH Precision as well. The C1 specifically. Their lineup will address your needs should you want to go for in-house synergy as you build your system (SACD/CD Transport, Clock, etc.).