High Quality Interconnects for Luxman L-590AXII

I would like to seek experiences from current owners of the Luxman L-590AXII (or other Luxman models). Have you tried different interconnects particularly the balanced XLR versions and heard a profound difference with the cables? I only compared a $1,500 balanced XLR to a $500 single-ended RCA and so far the balanced XLR sounded superior. I believe the balanced connection of the Luxman is capable of producing better results when compared to single-ended.

Has anyone compared different balanced interconnects on the Luxman and noticed a difference in sound quality between the cables?

ryder

Showing 1 response by jimmy2615

I have the 590axii as well running either Revel 228be or YG acoustics Carmel, source is the current DAC from Weiss which is balanced.  I’ve tried Nordost Tyr2, another solid silver homemade cable, and Mogami, all in XLR and have found no difference in sound.  I do agree the XLR sounds better than the RCA.  I find interconnects, especially balanced, make the least difference in sound, in comparison to PCs and speaker cables.  In my system right now I have about $100 in XLR cables and $5k in PCs.  I am not a cable ‘skeptic’.  At one time I had the full Luxman best in separates ‘stack’ with all Nordost Tyr XLRs and found a very slight difference there in interconnects.  For now I’m just sticking with Mogami for all my XLRs.