High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
sevenoranges
Yes getting one or two is worth it. I started with two like it so much i kept adding over time. I would suggest get the MC O,5s first. They are a lot cheaper and do not take as long to break in. Then add the MC 1 Pro a little later if you like what the MC O,5s do. Just remember to place them where you want and give them some time. I would not move them around to quickly, it would be like starting over again. Yes i would do the MC O.5s or the Pro before speaker cables or both if you can afford it. that is what i like the most about the MC O.5s you can add them when it is affordably.
Good luck
Pete

From the Sweetspot - 31JUL18

"The Jazz Side of the Moon-The Music Of Pink Floyd"
by Sam Yahel, Mike Moreno, Ari Hoenig, Seamus Blake

I have been awestruck by this recording. I am already into the third cut before I could form words.
I rarely come across a piece of Music, so unique as to make me want to tell everyone I know that I have found Gold!

We have all heard "interpretations" of the Pink Floyd Classic "The Dark Side of the Moon", some better than others, but I had never heard a Jazz rendition.

This is a Chesky Records production and it is well worth tracking down on Spotify.

It is done well, it is done respectfully to the intent of each passage. Imitation may be a sincere form of flattery, but only if done well.

This is the Best cover of Pink Floyd I have heard.

I am shaking down this iFi Audio micro iDSD BL, letting the signals flow through the magnetic conduction devices 24-hours a day.

Burn-in time with Magnetic Conduction is the secret sauce.

You hear an immediate impact, just plugging in, but NOTHING like you will hear after 3 days (72-hours) or 9-days, which is over 200 hours.

This is what they call the "introduction to the potential"-phase. Each day it sounds better than the night before. like the gift that keeps on giving.

I have been told that 400 hours of signal (17 days) is the "official" break-in period, and the further up the design chain, the longer the break-in period.

New CT-2 technology begins to "come into song" after 400 hours of burn.

I am sure the R&D folks have realized that there is no end to the improvement. Think about it. The effect is immediate, but it gets better.

By what mechanism does this process "shut off"? Logically, it would be when the magnets begin to fail, right?

Exactly right, you get the gold star. These magnets will fail someday, and we hope that the slight loss of Sound Quality will not be significant...you see these are Permanent Magnets, and yes, in 10,000 years, they will have lost <1% of their magnetic power.

Okay, I get it...as long as the magnetic adapters are attached to the cable or MCT device, they will just keep getting better?

Well, the Lab boys say I cannot make that claim, as we don't have the technology to age a device for 10,000 years.

Alright, enough of the run-around, how long do I need to break in a High Fidelity Cables Magnetic Conduction device?

Let me answer in the most honest way I know how, and mean no disrespect---they will still be burning-in when you can no longer use them, if added to the Will, will keep on sounding good well into the future.

I am not a scientist, I am an audio writer, I have no way of telling how long, but 400 hours Minimum for maximum effect.
Unless you think there is a noise floor somewhere below dead silent...

Just pulled out my copy of the album above....

Got in touch with HFC to enquire about
a) Two MC-0.5s and two MC-01 pros
or
b) Four MC-0.5s and one MC-01 pro.
The latter sounds a better option altough the most economical to get on the ladder would be two MC-0.5s and one MC-01 pro!! This is the combination that hit the sweet spot with one reviewer with his set up.
So many options when one isn’t sure what it will do....and at what level of intensity.
I am really enjoying my First MC 1PRO and I'm looking forward to the second one. The one added another level of refinement and realism to my sound. I wrote some about my experience on a newer High fidelity thread called "High Fidelity MC 1 PRO". the One PRO does take some time to break in. I think 2 weeks is good. I already had 16 of the MC 0.5s
in my system. (All at the incoming power outlet as I heard it sound the best there). adding one MC 1 pro to 15 MC 0.5s made a very noticeable improvement. I will get more 1 PROs and report on how more of them sound. Check out the other thread if your interested in the 1 PRO.
Cheers D
ddraudt
Where in your system did you place the MC 1 Pro? I put mine on the power line that feeds all of my front end. Will be getting another Pro and can add it to the same line at the wall or further up the line at the Hemisphere or on the power line for my amp. Everything is connected with High Fidelity power cords and MC O5s . With the exception of the 20 amp line for the amp which just has MC O.5s on that line at the wall.