High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
Rlawry, thanks for the report in you HF cables! I like you descriptions of the improvements.
they could sound better for another 450 hours.
I wouldn't worry about moving the wires. most of the break in on HF cables is about magnetic permeation, of wire and components which does not
get lost in a move. IMO, break in from moving only takes a few hours, a day at the most. New components in the system take longer to permeate but they would need their own break in time anyway.
If you change the support or damping on an HF cable it will change the sound permanently.
Enjoy
D
One of the CT-1U IC's is new with only about 60 hours, the other three IC's/speaker cables have varying amounts of use, as do my URR Power Cords and Conditioners. I have had the full loom only about 50 hours totals, so I am not sure which components are still breaking in, perhaps mainly the newer U IC, but breaking in they are. If the others here are correct, I expect to continue to hear additional break-in for at least a while longer.
With three kids doing hockey, soccer, and cycling, I don't get as much regular listening to music as I'd like. (Falling asleep at 10pm after coming back from practice, after leading a training ride is becoming an all too common occurrence.)

I have noticed, however, that with the HF cables (power/IC/speaker) it seems like my system no longer takes about 30 minutes to warm up to the point that it is sounding really smooth, as it used to with my other cables before adding the HF cables. Anyone else notice this, or is it just me?
Juliejoema, yes, i have noticed this also, but were you to move the HFCs much you might have to wait awhile to hear them as they were earlier. I left all of my HFCs unused for two months. Now three weeks since returning they are back. But every night they are ready to go in about ten minutes.

I would also add that I find it more than smoothness. Especially in live recordings, I am there. It is totally involving. I must say that I think the power cords are most important. I recently tried one on my Nantais/Lenco turntable. The Exemplar charged Portal pc had been quite good, but the HFC CT-1 UR pc just was a "wow", although expensive, improvement.
A complete suite of HFC's new "Pro" line was demonstrated at the RMAF. These cables have 17 inch waveguides and Rick was offering a seminar on magnetics in audio.

I did not know the speakers or what they would have sounded like with the lesser HFC cables.