High Fidelity Cable replaces NPS 1260

The product is going to be called NPS Q45T. Not out yet, but on their Facebook page.

68pete

Showing 12 responses by thyname

@nasaman : on the HFC site shows two case options - with and without storage case. The difference is $15. What is the "storage case"?

I placed my order. I was very close to doing the 1260 a few months back, but never got around to buy it, but this time with the new 45-T I could no longer resist.

I saw the instruction videos. It should be pretty easy to apply. A couple of questions:

1 - Do we apply to the inlets on power cords' IEC's? Talking about the female plug that goes on gear. I get it for the plugs (on the wall side)

2 - Do we apply it to USB cables too? If so, where and how?

Thanks @68pete 

My guess is it will take a week or so to get it. Plenty of time to do my research and ask HFC some questions 

Thanks @nasaman , that’s a very sound advice. I will take it slowly. Start with power cords male plugs, XLR interconnects pins, and speaker cables bananas first.

My Q45-T is arriving tomorrow (Wednesday). Although likely I won’t have any time to deal with the applications until the weekend

My Q45-T arrived today. I could not resist, so I applied to two power cords (DAC and Integrated Amp), and the XLR interconnects. That’s it for tonight.

I was not sure what to expect, if anything at all. But damn! This is incredible! From the first note, it’s almost startling. Like a different system. Not sure what to make of it. Music is kinda dialed in, similar to coming into focus when photographing something. There is a certain sparkle and bloom. There are some notes that sound as coming from somewhere too wide, vertically and horizontally, I literally looked around like “what is this, where is it coming from?”. Heck, I am kinda questioning whether things are supposed to sound this way. Whatever it is, I am liking in. I do have to figure this out, but there is most certainly something going on.

I will do the speaker cables, other power cords (power conditioner, subs, transport, server), and some peripherals over the weekend. This is way more interesting than I thought it would be.

my only complaint at this early juncture is a skewing of the tonal signature slightly away from richness to lean

These are exactly my thoughts on day 2 since partial application. Hopefully it goes back to richness soon

@jayctoy : just my impression in my only one system only on day #2 since partial application. Everything else it does better than before the application. I think there is more "burn in" required. Maybe a week or less.

Quick update on Q45T today: either my ears got used to it, or a reality, but I no longer feel my system sound any “lean”. On the contrary…

The separation, dynamics, bloom, soundstage extension, are all positive, and in spades.

This is certainly a great purchase, and I don’t regret my $350 one beat.

I cannot help much here @crummwoody as I never had 1260 (Just did the NPS-Q45T recently), but my guess is the application videos should be identical. 

Holly Molly! Shocking news.

I am glad I got mine already.

Hopefully permanent closure is business related and not health issue. I hope everyone is safe and healthy 

I never got to try any HFC cables, but, the NPS-Q45T I received about a week before the company shut down is outstanding. It does way much more for my system than the $350 suggests. Times more. It’s a no brainer IMO. One has to try to believe it. I am sure if the HFC guy does not resurface, other companies will copy the formula, reverse engineer it, and come up with their own equivalent. This stuff works