High Fidelity Cable replaces NPS 1260

The product is going to be called NPS Q45T. Not out yet, but on their Facebook page.

68pete

Showing 15 responses by rixthetrick

@whostolethebatmobile - do you want me to put a megger on it and verify?

We really aught to respect those Agon users who are concerned that their High Fidelity Cables refunds or products will be delivered. Please ask further questions
as per request:

@debjit_g - I am sorry, I tried to send you a DM/PM with the means to contact the distributor, however there are censorship means put in place that prohibits personal information to be shared, including emails.

when nano-flo becomes a searchable term, I suppose the website will be up and you can buy it online.

@mglik - Why do you suppose agisthos wrote,

"This thread should be reserved for HFC and the serious discussion of whether these guys are going to get their 10's of thousands of dollars in purchases refunded or delivered upon."

I hope that your information is correct? Certainly there is speculation regarding a lot of money invested. All the best.

Nano-flo is slightly different @facten, and in a global economy, I’m betting cool names are getting scarcer by the dot.com?
I really couldn’t care about the name of it, it’s seriously as many of us have said, an impressive technology that works very effectively. When something works this well for not an overly uncomfortable investment, it’s going to gain traction. I’d bet on this becoming a staple audiophile must have.

@facten - fair enough, but it's registered now, so I guess it doesn't matter as much as the effectiveness of the product. I'm sure she will read this and you have informed her. Genuinely though, it's a decent thing you did to go check it out.
I'm sure she'd be better off knowing, particularly for eMarketing and such, to differentiate the products.

Code name is, "the new kid on the block", huh?

I received a tiny sample in the mail this last week, and as I had already entirely pulled my system apart, found an opportunity to try it.
I had built some wooden frames for my QRD17 diffusers, and swapped out the temporary steel frame for the new ones, and to do so had to virtually empty the room. My wife helped me with the car jack to lift the diffusers onto the new stands, and I'm fairly sure it would have been funny to watch us dance with the diffusers.

I used a soft G.U.M toothpick looking device (my wife is a dental hygienist) that is used to clean between teeth like a floss, to apply a tiny coating over the following:

• XLR interconnect cables, both male and female ends.
  • both XLR connectors on my Amp and DAC.
  • speaker terminals on speakers
  • power amplifier speaker terminals (I hate them, and should replace them - gold plated jewellery)
  • speaker cables spades (only the on the contact face)
  • USB cable, both male and female ends.
  • USB connectors on my DAC, and both USB ports on JCat FEMTO USB card on my server computer.
  • power cord for the amp, Grover Hoffman Pharoah both ends.
  • started on DB25 connector (pass through for my Subs if I want it) Jansen Din-Li-Sum-B (line level summing transformer) but I stopped to keep some for my other speaker cables.

Gobsmacked! Oh yeah, transformative in this particular case isn't at all hyperbole.
I've never heard my system resolve even close to this, it's like a whole loom of top interconnects have all been swapped in. I can't hardly wait for my Fidelium speaker cables to come back from Australia (I sent it to a friend to be heard).

When "the new kid on the block", is released I can vouch that it easily is transformative as my Fideliums, Puritan psm-156 and spring isolation.
I don't often get this excited over a product, and particularly one considered a tweak. I can hear the fingers crossing the harp strings, breathing of the wind instrument players in recordings I had never noticed before, and the bass from my 6.5" stand mounts is extraordinary. Lenehan Audio ML2 Limited.

These other posters who have trialed it, are not overstating, it's simply incredible.
Oh, and a little tiny bit goes a hell of a long way. Nearly my entire system out of the test sample.

@yoby I'm not hearing shrill or an edgy sound, it's like hesitancy to portray an authentic organic sound has been removed. In much the same way when I cleaned all of my terminals (after years of having them transported and in storage), it removed the unwanted without damaging the presentation.

To me it seems as though the signal is decongested, I say that because it's a similar step towards realism that power conditioning presented at the voicing of my speakers. For me the timbre doesn't change so much as it were resistance or reluctance of the drivers to be faithfully controlled by the amplifier, it's removed.

I suppose for a lack of a better analogy, like a projector that seemed to be in focus, and it got a tiny nudge that finally got it into laser like focus.

I'm sure there's going to be more articulate and seasoned audiophile who when they discover this technology will be able to describe it better than I have.
This technology is going to become a staple for informed audiophiles, I would expect.

@yoby - Oh, I’m getting more and doing more. I am eagerly waiting for my speaker cables to get delivered back to me. I’ve had absolutely no negative impact to my system, what was good just got better,
Heck if there was a name competition for it, I’d submit the name, "
Dorothy’s Ruby Slippers", three clicks of the volume dial and it’ll take you there!

I made a joke with a friend and said it’s like getting a hickey from Scarlett Johansson, I’d never want it to go away.

@whostolethebatmobile - I haven’t heard of Q45T, and the product name that I heard wasn’t the real name of "The new kid on the block", so what is it?

@facten - it’s already for sale, it’s distributed but not manufactured by a reasonably well known Agon member, the path to the product is perfect. Based upon what I’m hearing in my system, I’m guessing it’s going to remain a staple for audiophiles. I’ve got to get samples to friends overseas, it’s just that good.

An eCommerce website is being built for the business to sell the commercial product, for use in audio and video systems.
**I did call the distributor to confirm that I could both release this information, and verify this information.**

The new kid on the block is silky smooth, as is the resulting sound after application.

And yeah, willgolf I have no doubt when this stuff gets broader acclaim, it's going to have more than one thread about it, on many platforms.

Tom, I guess that's a sacrifice for science that someone's going to have to make eventually, for any sort of real world comparison?
I do understand your hesitancy, neither is cheap stuff.

@facten - I DM'd you, sorry I was too cryptic, I gave you a straight answer.

@acman3 - marketing 101, and yes I suppose the recreational pharmaceutical salesmen practice marketing strategy too (a play on words, like back home when they say, wall coating technician = house painter, vertically challenged = short, or a few roos loose in the top paddock). Every now and then I’ll accept the free morsel being fried up as I shop through the produce section, and less frequently go off to purchase the product. In this case I had a taste and I’m hooked.

@steakster - I don’t know the term tonal density, so I cannot answer that one, sorry.
From listening impressions, the lower frequencies are not overcome by the higher and mids, and there does seem to be more articulate bass (the recognition of what kind of drum, or that it’s synthesized is more readily achieved). I am using stand mounts in an average sized room, and it’s very much in the recording the lower bass levels to mids and highs ratio, in my case I am hearing the bass more so now regardless of the track.

I don’t know about other listeners, I take a little more time on well known tracks to dissemble what I can hear that’s different, usually recognising more readily a lesser performance than incremental gains. This is easily an effortless perception of increased resolution on many well loved tracks.

Transients (particularly higher frequencies) and decay of things like cymbals, bells and synthesized notes is clearer and I have noticed the system is more revealing, without presenting as harsh. I have silk dome tweeters, which are noted for that sonic characteristic of not having a shrill sound.

I’m waiting on more product to go inside components on connectors and fuses etc.
I have built a fanless music server, and I’m going to treat the JCat Femto’s PCI Express, power for SSDs and Sata connectors. (as for the server, I’m not actually expecting much difference, but a little goes such a long way, why not try it I figure)

@jetter - understood. Peace

High Fidelity Cable replaces NPS 1260

The product is going to be called NPS Q45T. Not out yet, but on their Facebook page.

Unfortunately this thread has a title that didn’t indicate the nature this has taken with people discussing how to recover from a nasty or unfortunate state of affairs.

I originally came to share my comments on a newer contact enhancer that had already been mentioned by somebody else.

I sincerely hope buyer’s purchases are fully refunded, or they at the very least get that which was paid for.