High definition FM broadcast's ?

Now a days especially the live PBS broadcasts are sounding pretty good. Will this format bring the audiophile back into the FM frey per say? Or will much still be lost from the studio to our refined listening ears ? Please advise as I am not knowledgeable in this area.
lithojoe

Showing 2 responses by bignerd100

I could be wrong but I think that HDRadio is not in fact going to give us the greatest resolution the technology is cappable of. Digital radio broadcasts will be less prone to inteferance because you will either have the signal or not. It will allow for greater bandwidth but this will (just like HDTV broadcasts) be divided into multiple channels of content (three broadcasts using the bandwidth given for one broadcast) and surround sound of sorts (further dividing the available bandwidth).

No more listening to that faint NPR station through the static until you have driven out of the state.
Let's keep it to audio related comments please.
Some of us liberals are a little more than fed up with the current state of affairs.
If you don't like Public Radio don't worry, it won't be arround in it's current form for very long. The current administration has been bussy tinkering.