HIfi Rose 150b OR volumio rivo+DAC

Hello to all, I have Moonriver 404 ref, and klipsch Rf35 till now and looking for dac/streamer solution. Max budget about 3500 euro. I have found rose 150b used about that money. But I read many opinions that a standalone dac maybe is better. So volumio rivo is great streamer for 1000 euro so a dac for about 2500 will outperform rose 150b? . Dac thoughts lab 12 reference (no dsd unfortunately), m2tech young iv, gustard r26 or a26. Don’t know very confused. I want great bass, transparently, imaging etc

Till now I'm listening through Dap shanling m6 pro 21,from line out and I'm very happy. But I think a desktop solution will sound wayy better, hope so.... 

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

128x128struggler
Post removed 

Sorry you did not get any response here, this forum is usually very good in giving recommendations.

I understand your dilemma, but I have been in your position these last few weeks and I came to the conclusion that separate is the way to go, I hope to get my Rivo next week or the week after, one of the reasons is that I have an okay dac and I have a lifetime Roon subscription, which is one of the main reasons for choosing the Rivo as it is said to sound excellent with Roon, my dac is an older Primare and I have also been eyeing the Lab 12 dac which I expect is a wonderful dac, but that purchase has to wait a fair way into twenty four.

ps. Having separate streamer and dac will give you more flexibility also.

Good luck.

Hi gryphongryph…

I am into separates, too. I just purchased a 5V LPS and a Volumio Rivo. (Not yet arrived)…I bought the set to replace an LPS + Mercury Streamer V1 in my main sound system. I am relegating The Mercury to the headphone set-up in my office, as I am not happy with the SQ coming out of my iMac, there..  
I have found very positive reviews of The Rivo which I will be connecting to my Denefrips Pontus II DAC via a RiCable Magnus USB Cable. I bought an LHY LPS50VA to power The Rivo so as to squeeze the most out of it. It seems that these Rivos are running under peoples' radar for the most part. Right?

I was wondering if you have yours set up and if you are enjoying it?