help with speakers that rock, pleeze

I am at the point that I am tired of listening to just recordings that sound good on my system. I want to go back to my roots which is rock music. I am looking for speakers that give me goose bumps when listening to rock cds'. My room is 14'x30' speakers on long wall. Current set up consist of;

Cary 306/200 cdp with cardas golden ref ics'
First Sound Presence MKII w'cardas golden ics'
McCormack DNA 1 rev.A
Audio Physic Spark floor standers

I keep throwing money at my setup and am not happy yet, very frustrating please help!
bigwavedave

Showing 3 responses by sthomas12321

Ive owned the Focus 20/20's, best speakers Ive ever had. If you can afford them, buy them. They are loud, and rock. They also sound better with jazz then anything Ive heard. After you realize what big speakers with large bass drivers sound like, you realize how much we over pay for small, wimpy speakers. And I speak for the many floor standing flagship speakers as well.

I imagine the CLS-215's are worth a listen. If the tweeter isnt harsh or brittle, it may be a great bargain if you dont have the funds for $2500 used 20/20's.
I sold 2 pairs of Legacy 20/20's under $3k. Ive seen the HD's for $4500, dont over pay. Some people are asking to much. The 20/20's are my favorite speakers, but Legacy has no replacement drivers for anything that may break or get damaged. Id try to score some HD's used for $4k-$5k