Help with Shanling SCD-T200 please

I have owned and used my T-200 almost daily for the last year with no problems at all. Now, when I turn on the player, it performs as always with the exception that none of the tubes light up. I normally use the tube audio output jacks so I switched to the CD audio out jacks with no change in sound. They both seem to work and sound fine. At the same time the blue light on the disk cover went out. Any ideas? Thank you for your time and knowledge. James
mags5000

Showing 2 responses by dchan88

Dlstephenson - I got the level 1 mod plus superclock 3 also. You should try the reversable mods I mentioned above, you will be glad.
Open the bottom plate, remove the cable plug that lead from the DAC board to the tube board, you will experience a major upgrade of the sound. From the solid state output only, of course. This tweak is reversable, so you will not loose anything by trying this.

The other thing you can do is remove the bottom cover that is in the middle section of the digital drive, and also do not put the main bottom cover back. This will relieve all the RFI that had been bottle up inside the chassis and will give you another boost of performance.

Finally if you have your own pre-amp and do not need the volume control of the Shanling, unplug the direct out cable from the DAC board, and plug it into the the empty socket on the left side (looking from outside the upside down CD player) that marked 'Front Out'. This will not only bypass the volume control, but also some very bad electrolytic capacitor. Another reversable tweak with the highest level of sound improvement.