Help With My Next Upgrade Please

Thanks to the info gained here, I am now the proud owner of a Bryston 4B-ST amp, now feel I need to upgrade my CD player. I am currently using an older Yamaha 5 disc player (please stop laughing) and here are my options, please add or comment, thanks. Keep in mind I have a few hundred CDs and am looking to improve the sound of 2 channel playback. 1. Purchase Rega Planet 2000 2. Purcahse Sony SACD 777ES or 5 disc 333ES 3. Keep Yamaha player for now and add DAC like P3A (maybe even P1A eventually) These are the options, please advise, thanks.
miked
Don't know about the innards of the 9000ES vs. the 333ES, but if the progressive scan DVD capabilities don't benefit you, the 9000ES isn't a particularly compelling purchase. Just based on pricing, I would have to think that the 333ES is of the same class as the 9000ES (quite possibly even a minor notch up) in terms of CD and SACD playback, though I haven't seen any reviews on that unit. In any case, no, you wouldn't be foolish to think of buying something like the Rega Planet under these conditions, especially if the current state of SACD doesn't do much for you. You might also look into the Rotel 991 CD player.
Miked- Since you've used and mention a changer as a candidate, you should consider the CAL CL-10. Should be available used for $6-700, former stereophile Class B and sounds nice with by BAT/McCormack/Vandersteen set up.
For me, I like older tech but better build something like Theta tranport/dac or one box, a good transport (single)+ bel canto dac or Wadia. You can buy the Sony DVP9000ES for around $1100 which I auditioned last week I would say not so impress I prefered sound of the new Rega over DVP9000ES.
Rutel: I would be very interested if you could elaborate a bit more on the new Planet 2000 and how it sounded compared to the Sony, thanks.