Help with DAC choice....

Hi All,

Here's the situation... 

I'm a vinyl guy. Looking to add digital in the form of streaming and easy access to my hundreds of CDs collected over the years which have been recently gathering dust. 

The last couple of years has seen massive upgrades to my system with the focus being vinyl (Transrotor Rondino/SME/Airtight Coda). Time to get into the digital game just for variety of music and access to my full library. However, it has to be enjoyable to a guy that loves the sound of vinyl. Not trying to better, just looking to tap into the incredible access to music that is out there.. 

I'm 98% decided that I will get an Aurender ASC10 for the pure ease of everything in one unit. I want easy. I don't want anything to do with extra computer stuff. Ripping easily is important to me. The ACS10 meets all criteria. 

Now, the DAC is the issue and where I would love your feedback. I do not have much access to demo/home trial so it's a big leap of faith here and dependence on system synergy. My front-runner is the Aesthetix Romulus Eclipse. This seems to make the most sense. I have a Janus Eclipse pre and Atlas Signature amp (will be upgraded to Eclipse). Speakers are Rockport Atria. Tara cables/ic throughout. Critical Mass Sotto Voce rack. Room is not treated. Plan to move soon and will address at that time. 

Romulus has a built in transport which is a bonus (many claim this makes the Redbook superior sounding vs accessing a NAS). The big priority though is the DAC sound. Tube output is appealing but not essential. What would you suggest as an alternative that would complement my system? Greatly would prefer to spend less. Definitely not more. Looking long term. Thoughts on Romulus vs DCS Bartok vs Aqua etc..... Any other ideas? 

Musical taste runs the gamut from classic jazz, vocals to Sabbath etc. Not much classical. No Chamber or anything like that. Massive dynamics are not key as much as detail, space, texture and insight into the music. I enjoy many Chesky recordings if that gives a hint. I don't like clinical and don't like bright top end, preferring enjoyable non-fatiguing, well-balanced top to bottom with great detail retrievement as a window to enjoy the maximum involvement in the music. 

Thanks so much for any input anyone can offer. All opinions will be greatly appreciated. 

denjer1
I always hate being the first to answer a new thread but here goes , i would go with a PS Audio Senior DAC as i did a little while ago. You say that you don't listen to much classical but if truth be told that is all I listen to . My friend on the other hand is a classical and jazz buff and he has another senior like me but he also has a great detached house at which he can crank up the volume irrespective of time. He has experimental line source speakers and a couple of subs that can really trawl the lower depths and his Jazz stuff really does sound impressive. What I am trying to say is the PS Audio Direct Stream DAC is a super DAC with airiness and loads of detail and it does not fatigue you once broken in and you get a new DAC each year with firmware updates that further  it along . It is a lot more DAC than it's retail price.
Thank you for your input. I've not considered the Senior. 

I'll clarify, I like to play at good levels but sheer dynamic impact is not my biggest concern. That said, I do value bass control and definition of sound. 
Given your preferences, some of the better R2R NOS DACs might also be worth exploring.  Best of luck in your search. 
Cocktail X45 pro does everything and has a DAC. I believe you can record from a turn table as well as RIP CDs.