Help With A Turn Table Upgrade

Greetings to the list.  I am looking to purchase a new (to me) turntable.  I am looking at the following which are all in the $950-1100 range.  A VPI Traveler with a Sumiko Blue Point cartridge, a VPI HE-19 with no cartridge, and a Rega P5 with the RB700 arm and an Ortofon M2 red cartridge.  I would appreciate some input as to the relative merits of the candidates.  Thanks to all. 
128x128zerobias

Showing 1 response by stewart0722

On paper, the TT15 looks like a great buy.......I've had two friends purchase that table new and for some reason, the tables made quick exit from both their systems..........When I listened to it, it sounded a little thin and uninvolving, but I can't say if it was the table or cartridge etc....

An exciting table coming out is the Oracle Origine at 2K list with arm and cartridge included.........I have a dealer who has ordered one, along with a Delphi MK VI 2nd Gen w/ SME V arm........I think you should be able to get an Origine for around 1600......and it should compete with anything out there in that range......