Help using integrated as power amp

I have a NAD T747 receiver powering some Totem Rainmakers. Problem is that the 747 manual states the receiver should be used to drive 8 ohm or higher. I have an old arcam alpha 9 integrated amp and was thinking of testing out using this as a power amp for the rainmakers and the 747 as the preamp. Can anyone explain how to do this? Do I need to be careful with the volume controls, I am not even sure in this situation which volume controls work.
Thanks.
128x128jkontuly
I don't think the preamp section of the 747 will be a problem at all. Though not the same preamp section of the flagship NAD T785, it is not too shabby. The C275BEE should drive your speakers just fine with plenty more headroom than the T747 alone.

Bill
You could try it, it would definitely control the speakers as long as you are happy with the pre-section in the 747. I am not sure how the C275BEE measures up next to the C272, but I have heard the latter with some decent Triangle and Dynaudio speakers and thought it sounded very good (with NAD C162 pre). The older model amp can be found used for well under five hundred bucks, and the newer one used or refurbished for under $700. The C275BEE should sound at least as good as the C272 and probably better given the upgrade I noticed from the C372 to the C375BEE integrated. If this works for you, you would have extra resources for other gear.
i got at c275bee to drive my Linn keilid speakers and the improvement over bi-amping with the Nad T775 was substantial. Lots more base. You will definatly hear the diff. over a NAD T747.