Help settle a streaming argument!

This is a SQ argument and is as follows-  I argue if you connect your streamer to an outboard DAC the streamer does not matter it’s just serving the music to the outboard DAC to do the work.  Therefore, buy a basic streamer.  The other is that you need to buy a top quality streamer and DAC to get great SQ. 

I liken it to cd players or the more pretentious cd transport argument- if the intent is to connect to outboard DAC the cd player doesn’t matter the outboard DAC DOES!

features and functionality aside!  Thoughts…..

polkalover

Showing 2 responses by dave777tx

@polkalover I really like the Innuos Mk3 too, great streamer I had it and even gets better with a good power cable, audio grade switch and good Ethernet cable. In my case the Shunyata Omega, Phoenix Net and AudioQuest Diamond. 
later I upgraded to the Statement and the Mk3 did not land far away even with the price difference 

good luck 

@drlou77 I wish I could tell you that there is no difference but it is and a lot, probably it was one of the biggest improvements with Innuos but before ordering one I will suggest you to test it in your system, fortunately there are great Innuos dealers that can work that with you. 

When I installed mine, I still was talking with the dealer 10 mins after he connected it, music was in the background and I could tell the improvement. 

I think maybe as you go up in the streamers ladder the difference is more subtle but with the Zenith MK3 it made a lot of difference in my system

One more, also a good cable made a big difference

My 2 cents 

Thanks and good luck