Help selecting a power cord.

All my gear has the factory supplied power cords  I’m ready to try 1 aftermarket power cable as a test.  So what brand power cable should it be and what device gets it first?  Tube pre?  Tube main?  D/A?  CD transport?  Roon Nucleus?  Subs?  GE Trefs?? Turntable? Oppo 103?   Which piece of my gear should be most affected by the improved power cord??  I look forward to the responses and will likely choose the cord that has the most recommendations.
128x128fastninja12

Showing 1 response by adg101

If you haven’t changed out spec (cheap) grade wall receptacles and dedicated circuits you may not hear much of a difference with aftermarket power cables. Start there first. Hospital grade Hubbell receptacles are a good place to start. I use AQ NRG Edison outlet/plates.
Tried and owned several brands over the years, AQ, Kimber, Shunyata, Nordost, Supra and Tributaries and for me I landed with WyWires. All the others were and are very good but I just prefer the openness and lack of drawing attention or very neutral cables and that’s what WyWires deliver.

For large power amps definitely stay with a heavier gauge (HC high current) cable and for digital stay shielded for noise. On most cables it’s the quality of the plugs that make most the difference, so if you are handy build your own but don’t go cheap on the plugs. VH Audio is a great source for parts.