Help Proac 3.8/ Contour 3.3/ B W N802

Any advice on which speakers to get? I like the sound and the workmanship of the Proac. The Contour 3.3 sounds great too, but it's not bi-wireable and the workmanship is not as nice as the Proac. I listened to the 802 but was disappointed by the slobby bass; probably because the dealer had a bad system setup. Please help hence I need to replace my speaker asap!!!!

Btw, I am using Levinson No39 (CD), SF line 3 Pre-amp, and Classe CA401 amp.
jujubi6b92

Showing 1 response by mcne

I like the sound of the Dynaudio more then all of these. But I purchased the Contour 1.3 SE because I am a small
2-way monitor freak. And the tweeter on the 1.3 SE's was another notch sweeter. I lost some bass power but it was worth it.
The Proac 3.8 was the champion for classical music so if that is all you listen to then I would firmly to it. The Contour 3.3 is a great all around speaker that plays everything great. Plus the Dynaudio will run famously on that Mark Levinson No.39. The B&W's are alright but I would never choose them over either one of these. But obviously, this ia a very personel decision and your ears will need to make the final decision. I also felt that the compressionless woofer tecnology ( the high energy magnets with the 100mm voice coils ) of the Dynaudio's really give a smooth bass for all loudness levels.