HELP!!!! Newbie looking for a decent 2 channel power amp in the $1,000 range

I am trying find a decent 2 channel power amp to replace my Sonos Amp connected to Kef R3's and RSL Speedwoofer MKII.

I was considering the Emotiva TA2 but based on the comments/reviews here I beleive I could do better going 2X on price over the Emo and be open to a used unit.  I prefer  warm to neutral with detail sound profile.I'd also like an amp that is north of 100 WPC becuase my listening space is midsized (open floor plan approx 600 SF).

Thanks to all in advance!

balooo2

Showing 1 response by akg_ca

Pre-owned BRYSTON (Bryston analog audio products and loud speakers are warranted to be free from manufacturing defects for twenty (20) years from the original date of manufacture. The warranty includes parts and labour.)

PS .Zeroing in on Stated Power Ratings

Watts per channel ( WPC) specs in isolation are meaningless …Don’t base an amplifier’s quality just on its published wattage output….you can’t take a manufacturer’s amplifier power rating statements at face value. You need to look closer at what they base their statements on.

(1) .When you see an amplifier wattage rating of 100 watts-per-channel at 1 kHz (which is considered the standard mid-frequency reference) with one channel driven, the real-world wattage output when all five or seven channels operate at the same time across all frequencies is lower, possibly as much as 30 to 40 percent lower.

it’s high current (amps) output that are the true measure of power. Being able to double the power output as the impedance drops from say, 8 ohms to 4 ohms, is an indicator of a good amp. Caution: current delivery is meaningless without knowing the speaker load being driven.

(2) As for amplifier power ratings...look for wattage to be stated as RMS (which = the maximum continuous output capability of the amp before clipping), measured at less that .5% THD, both channels driven, into a stated load (impedance), at a specified frequency or range of frequencies.

Continuous Power - Another factor to consider is whether a receiver or amplifier can output its full power continuously. Just because a receiver or amplifier is listed as being able to output 100 WPC doesn’t mean it can do so for any significant length of time. When checking amplifier specifications, see if the WPC output is measured in RMS or FTC terms and not in Peak or Maximum Power..