Help KEF 104/2 what amp do I need to drive them?

I recently picked up a pair of KEF 104/2's at a local sale. I have had these hooked up to a new yamaha receiver (around 100 watts)and they sound pretty decent. However, from the little information I have been able to find on these speakers it seems that they are rather picky and like a strong amp. I am trying to find an amp that will drive these to their full potential. Does anyone have any recomendations or past experience?

I am looking to spend no more than $500 on the amp right now and I am hoping to buy used. I have seen several 125 watt B&K amps online. I was also thinking about a used NAD amp. Can someone please help me out?

Thanks!

Madison
madmanbmw
How would a Rotel 990BX perform with these. 300 watts into 4 ohms.

Madison
mtmajor@uiuc.edu
Quadophile,

No, I am looking for amps on Audiogon and on ebay. Sadly there is no place around me that carries used equipment.

What do people think about B&K and Adcom?

madison
I have never heard B&K amps so cannot help you there, but, yes I am familiar with Adcom, I never liked them personally even though I have heard them in different setups as well as having different power ratings. For the amount of money one pays to buy Adcom there is always better ones available for the same price.

I hope it helps.
I have been using a Leak Stereo 20 with my 104/2 for the last 5 years and can not believe how synergistic the pair is.