Help in hooking up a sub woofer.

Hi, I have a PrimaLuna ProLogue integrated amp.I have a pair of PSB Synchrony 1B's which until now I have enjoyed very much.
(I have a small living room)I just bought a PSB SubSeries 150 (subwoofer) but when I got it, I knew I was in trouble.The sub has "only" RCA jacks. My Amp of course only has the speaker terminals and no other dedicated SubĀ  hookups.What is a bit irritating is the PSB "Owners Manual" indicated you could attach speaker wire to the sub. I then discovered they use the same manual for all their subs; possibly some of them do.Does anyone know a way to connect the amp and the sub? And would it be a method you would find acceptable or is it a horse it in job?Thanks for any and all help.

Showing 2 responses by 246810

Thank you both for responding to me.As I mentioned I have a small room and was hoping to fit this toy (ha, yes it is) in and just pick up a bit more bass from the system.I now intend to return this unit and dig a bit deeper in to the hookup I would need for my PrimaLuna unit.One thing that bothers me is; even considering that this sub woofer had the proper connections (for my application) it appears PSB thinks it's OK to run a connection from the amp to the sub and THEN a connection continuing on from the sub to the system speakers. That type of connection would never occur to me. I would want to keep a direct connection to my current speakers and run another direct connection from my amp to the sub. Is that an electrical reasonable method?
Again thanks to you guys for taking a moment to respond to me.
Hello Tim,Thank you very much for that information. Getting that Sub with only RCA jacks actually surprised me. I would have never thought it would come like that.To answer one of your original questions which I failed to do; I use my stereo for music only. I'm not much of a TV guy and certainly not a home theater guy, I own 3 dvd's; The Last Waltz, Roy Orbison Black&White and Dr Strangelove, ha.
I have my old "5 Disc" Yamaha CD player, which I kept because it has room for 5 discs for background music during the day. About a year ago I finally made the deep dive in to the digital world and bought a Marantz ND8006. It's a combo CD player and streamer. My first attempt at "streaming". I like the CD player; it's decent enough for me. I also have my faithful old turntable (well it's not that old) but I bought my first record player in 1957 and have had one ever since.My faithful little PSB's still sound pretty good to me and I listen to every thing but opera.
I may be able to incorporate a sub into this system at some point, I am just really jammed for space (hence the "toy")Thanks for responding, and actually telling me what the connection should be, I appreciate it. I really wasn't getting that anywhere else.