help from Australia pre-power amp valve

i have been addicted to finding the best sound (that i can afford). so please be patient with me. i have been slowly upgrading my system over the last few months. i currently have the following; blue note belvedere turntable, with linn k9 cartridge (will upgrade this cartridge when i can); unison valve cd player; totem hawks; siltech interconnect; naim audio a3 cables (will upgrade as well); amp is sugden a25. had grtaet service from the a25, but showing its age and lacking in bass & highs. i ahve tried looking at some local austarlian pre-power amps; some are ok, but dont give me the thrill/excitement. (i live in melbourne). i have been interested in the ASL hurricane reviews, and possibly to match the ASL aq 2001 (0r the aq 2002). please note that our dollar is 0.70 of the $US. postage is also high to get to aus. overseas models are usually 2-3 times what you pay there. a local maker in melbourne does dc phonostage which sounded good on my current system ,and i may go for that, so a pre-amp with phonostage not essential. i listen to classical, opera, jazz, blues, contemporary, rock.. alot of variety. my total outlay would be, say, $US4000 max. i dont mind second hand. i would be grtateful for your insight, as the more knowledge and experience is helpful. good luck guys.
John
woods1961

Showing 1 response by thanhn387fa77