Help for a Lo-Fi guy

I have 2 Cary CAD-300-SEI integrated amps I am trying to help a friend of mine get some info on. Her husband passed away, and left these along with some other tube amps . I have done some research online and discovered that these are 15watt tube amps that are best used with efficient speakers , or possibly as headphone amps. I am trying to determine , desirability, possible used price etc. My experience in the audio world is very limited. I am using old Yamaha separates (M85 amp,C80 pre amp) that I`ve had for decades, so any help would be greatly appreciated.....Thx

maico172

I never pay over 50% for a used piece and that’s if it’s current. Normally pay 30%ish if it’s older. Just because there are guys asking certain prices I assume they are getting 20% less or so depending. 

If these are 30 years old, then 50% NPP or less provided they are in fully operating condition and there is documented recent service for cleaning and recapping. The age of the tubes should be established. If they are old, then a significant discount should be expected. Good 300Bs are pricey, and this is a high-quality amp that should be using comparable-quality tubes. If there is cosmetic damage, discount further accordingly (I find any chassis rust particularly suspicious and would not consider purchasing a unit with rusting, mainly because I would suspect other damage from wet or humidity.)

Amps are sweeties, try to keep them, Use one and keep the other for backup.  I use to know Dennis Hadd. He's a good guy.  I still have and use his Rocket 88.

You need to determine listeing style.  If you like it loud and have a big room, then you need 90db plus speakers.  If you like it soft and have a small room, then you don't need much power. 

And have those tubes checked, especially the big 300s, some last and some don't, thats the way tubes are.