Help - amplifier matching problems

I own a pair of Aerial 7Bs and am using a BAT VK-30 as a pre-amp, a Theta Miles CD player and a Classe CA-100 amp (100wpc into 8). I love the sound except for the bass, which is a bit fat and not taught enough. Thinking that I needed more power, I purchased a Krell KAV-250a (250wps into 8). After letting the Krell burn in for 100 hours, I did a side by side. The results, I miss the Classe midrange. The Krell clearly controls the bass, does not have that "tube" coloration and is much more powerful. However, it sounds cold and I believe the soundstage dramatically disappears. Can anyone suggest a good match, or should I keep the Classe and get more efficient speakers? Thanks in advance.
robk
I own the Classe CA300, and it's a real powerhouse. Very solid bass, yet retains that smooth, liquid Classe signature sound. I've seen Classe paired with Ariel in several stores, so apparently this is a common match.

My recommendation: Keep the Ariels and get a larger Classe amp. The best Classe products seem to be their large amps.
One Classe Ca 200 is better then two CA 100's. If you can swing it get the 300 or the 400.
Thank you all for your help. I apologize about inciting ethics arguments. I am selling the Krell (anyone interested I posted it on the Audiogon site) and will look to purchase a larger Classe or BAT. Best regards.