Hegel H590 vs. PS Audio DIRECTSTREAM DAC.

Does anybody have experience with these? I have now H590 in my home and the DAC is exelent. I'm interested also about PS Audio Directstream. Speakers are magnepan 3.6.
128x128tare78

Showing 1 response by creditingkarma

I have not heard the ps audio direct stream. I do own a hegel h360 and the internal dac in it is not too bad. Depending on you budget I would suggest looking at the Chord TT2, Dave, dCS Bartok, MSB discrete, and the metrum onyx and pavane. 

I have owned the onyx, TT2, and now the Bartok. The Bartok is easily better than the rest of the dacs that I listed but it is more expensive as well. The onyx is great and sounds incredible for the price. The TT2 is really great as well but not as natural as the Bartok. The Dave is more of what makes the TT2 great. From my understanding the Psaudio dac is more analog sounding so the metrum might be a good option if that is the sound that you are looking for. They also make a streaming solution module too. The Chord stuff is more analytical and the dCS reproduces music more like a live performance in the room.