Hegel h590 or Accuphase e460 with Harbeth 40.3

Narrowing my search for an integrated to replace my 17 year old Jeff Roland Concentra 2.
Opinions on these options would be appreciated.  I’m intrigued by both and have no way to demo before purchase.
yashu

Showing 4 responses by jjss49

can’t go wrong with either a big hegel or equivalent power accuphase

sound wise they are similar, meaning they are absolutely superb, creme de la creme solid state - treble very similar, midrange accuphase a touch sweeter fuller, bass hegel better tighter deeper

accuphase will have a more jewel like construction, super super japanese luxury tactility, if you value that, whereas hegel has a nordic black minimalistic feel - but you will also pay at least double, or close to triple for accuphase luxury and finish if you buy new ...
isn't it great when someone starts a brand new a-gon handle/identity for the express purpose of saying something negative about a successful product?
@joey54

tom mallin’s post on wbf is not about his search for an amp for his 40’s... it is a difficult read, he is gigantically verbose and pretentious, but he only says he drives his 40’s in a NEARFIELD application (let’s not go there for how ridiculous that is) with benchmark ahb2’s... so what??

has minimal bearing on the op’s question...