Hegel h590 or Accuphase e460 with Harbeth 40.3

Narrowing my search for an integrated to replace my 17 year old Jeff Roland Concentra 2.
Opinions on these options would be appreciated.  I’m intrigued by both and have no way to demo before purchase.
yashu

Showing 2 responses by arafiq

Hegel and 'no grip on bass'? I only heard the Hegel 390 briefly, and I think it does bass better than any other amp I've heard. 'Low dynamics' with Hegel, this poster is a joker!
@beppep -- please accept my apology for misconstruing your post. We have seen many times where someone who just joined starts trashing a particular brand. In many cases, they are shrills for some product or have an ulterior motive. Reading your last post, it's clear that you're not one of them. So apologies for jumping the gun.

And yes, I do own Harbeth P3esrs. A friend has SHL5+ which we listen to frequently, and I absolutely love. So I have some experience with Harbeths. I recently auditioned the Hegel H390 and it sounded nothing like you're describing. The bass was really amazing and dynamics were above average. Of course, I did not hear it with Harbeth so you might have a valid point there.