Heard the $325000 Acapella's Sphaeron excaliburs?

I doubt many of us can afford them, but may be you have heard at the Show or something. How is the horn sound?
nilthepill
I haven't either heard of the Sphaeron's before and I've never heard them. I do find $325,000 a lot of money for speakers. And, I don't know anyone who owns such speakers. Could I consider paying 325K for absolutely the best ever made? Sure. I have. But, I didn't.

I find the thought of metaphors as to what else costs 325K not significant. By the standards of Ships, nothing in the universe of audio costs anything.

It would be interesting to hear a great room with these speakers and other great speakers all together.

Bill
Personally, (or course that's all it can be) I think it is at least ethically if not morally wrong to spend that much on speakers or anything else for that matter except for maybe a house. Think about the world we live in and what that kind of money could do to alleviate some of its problems. I'm not saying that we can't spend money on pleasure, but for God's sake can't we use a little common sense? One day I heard Barbra Streisand admonishing the government, and people in general, for not doing more for the poor. The next day I just happened to be watching Oprah (with my wife of course) and there was Barbra admitting on national tv that she spends between $5-6000 a week on fresh flowers and that she did'nt even know how many cars she owned. I guess my response is somewhat edgy because after teaching high school for 31 years, I make about 1/7 the price of these speakers. And my system costs about 1/10 of my salary. But I do enjoy the hell out of music, so on that note I'll shut up and go isten to something---like "Fanfare for the Common Man".
The above post should have read, "my system has cost me a little over $2000 or about 5-6% of my salary". 1/10 of my salary is way too high.
Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous...

Heard them? I don't even have clothes nice enough to be allowed into any place that sells these. :)
So what do you say to the guy who just bought a 20,000 dollar Rolex,or the guy/gal who blew 50 large,on a new Lexus.Should I tell my future son in law not to spend serious bucks on an engagement ring,for my daughter?Diamond pricing IS controlled by a cartel,and even they are a rip-off!If I opened my mouth,in that scenario,I would not have a home(would be kicked out by wife AND daughter)to house my rather cheap 3800 dollar cartridge,that I just got(large discount,of course)!!