Heard Kimber Select cables?

I was wondering if anyone has heard the Kimber Select interconnects and speaker cables, specifically the KS-1010 and the KS-3033 which are the pure copper cables? My system currently consists of the Plinius 8150i, Ah! Tjoeb '99 cd player and NHT 2.5i's. My current cable's are Monster M series cables. I am basically upgrading my system one component at a time and started with the amp, then the cd player and am upgrading my cable's next. I really like the sound of the NHT's at the moment so I probably won't be upgrading those anytime soon. Anyways, I have read glowing reviews on the KS-3035 which is the hybrid silver/copper cable and was wondering if anyone has any comments on their pure copper cable. I know silver is a better conductor but the higher end Kimber Select products are much pricier. True, the Kimber Select products in general are not cheap but I saw these at the recent CES 2000 and absolutely loved the look and saw they were high quality cables. I just wish I had a chance to hear them!!!
kevin_h

Showing 1 response by steve440

I've owned and used numerous Kimbers. Currently I'm using a 1.5 meter Silver Streak between my preamp/amp, and a KS-1020 from D/A to preamp. The sound of the hybrids are superior in both resolution and noise floor, the difference is not subtle. I've also been using 8TC bi-wire runs for years, currently to my Vandersteen 3A's. The Kimber sound is best described as warm and detailed, a great combination, never fatiguing. The silver streak is a great value and top performer in its price range. I prefer it overall to the sound of the KS-1010 in terms of resolution, speed and dynamics. The KS-1020 is superior to the Silver Streak in all areas; smother, more controlled, quieter, and mor open. It is very revealing, so depending on how your system set-up is, you may love it or become dissatisfied with the weak links in your system. I recommend Kimber Kables as an excellent long term system revealer without hesitation, in both price and performance!