He spent his life building a $1 million stereo. The real cost was unfathomable.

128x128wsrrsw

Showing 2 responses by srs148

I had dealings with him. He was a creep. He backed out of a long-planned deal (months in the making) we had for the sale of one of his pieces of equipment the day before I was to drive to Richmond to pick it up.  This was after I had verified with him that the deal was still on and after I rented a vehicle for pickup of the gear.  He said he changed his mind and in another interaction with him a year later, he bragged at how he sold the equipment for a much higher price.  Others had similar stories, mostly on the sell-side.  If he was buying, however, he was the nicest guy to ensure he got what he wanted to feed his obsession. 

@retiredfarmer I agree with you about buyers who ask for concessions when they arrive to pickup the item.  If the buyer simply decides they want to pay less as an in-the-moment change of mind, I'll politely decline the request, though it fortunately very rarely happens. 

In the case with Fritz, I agreed to pay his asking price, but he clearly discovered (albeit at the last moment) that he could do better pricewise.  He could have done the less underhanded thing and told me that he discovered he could get more and ask if I wanted to pay it.  Maybe I would have, especially since we had long planned the deal.  But he didn't care that I had made the arrangements, got the car, and took off from work - he made his decision and that was that.  Again, a true creep.