HE 2004 West Cancelled due the worker lockout

clbeanz

Showing 3 responses by omains

You can't say that all unions are good or all unions or bad. It depends on the situation. The point here is that the people who run this show shouldn't have led us all to believe that everything was ok.
That's a good point, Clbeanz. I don't think I could cross a picket line either, at least without knowing much more about the specifics of the situation. I wonder if there's any contingency in the event that the lockout ends before Nov 4? It seems possible...
This really pisses me off. I've been calling the people who run this expo every other day since the strike/lockout started, and every day they've assured me that the show would go on even if they needed to change venues. Now, a week before the show, they cancel it. Believe me, I understand why it's been cancelled. There's no way in heck that they could make it work. What angers me is that they assured me constantly that everything was fine. Roar!

On another note, though I totally agree with Albert Porter's sentiments about the ridiculousness of some union policies, let's make sure not to blame this on the SF hotel worker's union. It's the hotels who are locking the workers out- they're not letting them go to work.

I know it's not what Albert meant, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.