Have you seen the VR9SE Review?

There is a new review that has been posted on Positive Feedback Online (http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue26/lavigne_vr9.htm) about the Von Schweikert VR9SE speakers. It is very different than any review I have read in the way it chronicles the experience of Mike Lavigne over the past year and a half's experiences with these speakers.

Enjoy!
jtinn

Showing 3 responses by sirspeedy70680e509

Just the simple fact that a guy like Mike is willing to spend the time writing such a review,regardless of results,and then be nice enough to spend "additional keyboard time" following up hobbyist comments,speaks to the "good intentions" of such a person!......Kudos!!

Mike,my intent was not to shift you to a defensive position.I'm sorry if it seemed that way!
Best!
Though I have no doubts as to the fine performance of the VR9SE(I was amazed as to how good they sound in a small room),the comparison as to clarity,compared to the wonderful Kharma EXQ REF cannot be made to the degree stated here.Sorry!!Even by the owner of both systems!Because components differed,and to be able to discern being able to hear deeper into one design,the VR9 over the Kharma,would simply have to be made in a side by side comparison,with exact supporting componentry.I'm kind of suspicious as to the "emotional factor",which was most probably at play here.It's normal.
We are all guilty of this,a bit,and it is human nature.After all,how many of us have spent big bucks to upgrade componentry(sucessfully),and then did NOT want to reinforce a favorable observation.Big or small!
Was the Kharma in as perfect a "room match" as the VR9SE?Wasn't that the reason for moving to the VR9?It mated better to the larger listening space.No?That's how I interpreted the change.
Please understand,I mean no disrespect,but my own "audio pal's" do this all the time.

Best!