Have you seen Eric Clapton at his best?

Up until last night I had seen Eric four times and honestly felt I hadn't caught him at his finest. His recent tour gives all of us the opportunity. His set is largely from "Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs" 'cause he has the greatest living slide guitarist playing with him - Derek Trucks. Their interplay on the Layla album songs is truly magical. Catch the concert when it comes your way. Amazing!
jeff_l

Showing 1 response by bl2000

The last time I saw Clapton was in Hartford around 1988 or '89. Mark Knopfler, no slouch, was seconding him on guitar and I couldn't believe how much Clapton ran circles aqround him. The (personal) upshot is after an encore Clapton threw his guitar pick into the audience where it landed on the floor a few seats away. (I was in the 2nd row.) I got to the pick first and as I was trying to pick it up from the beer-soaked floor, some girl tried to peel my fingers off the pick by pulling them straight back. Before I could respond, she managed to dislocate three fingers on my left hand. The irony is that my fingers don't line up properly anymore and I can't chord a guitar neck right. BTW, the pick said "Have a Nice Day" on it.