Have you changed your mind about a brand? Was it you, or them?

I've changed my mind about many things.  Beer for instance.  Now I can really only drink IPAs and dark beers. Lagers?  Phooey.  This is very different than what I drank in my 20s though. 

Same for audio gear. 

So let me ask all of you, are there brands or equipment you've changed your mind about, for better or worse?  And if so, why?  It doesn't have to be a brand, it can be a TYPE or technology.

For instance, I used to love Ti and Be tweeters.  Now usually can't listen to them.

What about you?
erik_squires

Showing 1 response by boricua32480

Personally I'm over Integra, Onkyo and Denon. All 3 mid to high end receivers I've owned from these brands have failed in one way or another, and all 3 in a short time frame, but right after warranties expired. I'm having good luck with the Lexicon MC-10 and my Bryston 8B-ST's are rock solid. My old Klipsch Epic CF-4's have sounded great for 20 years but the Klipsch Reference Premier 280's and some other copper gear (I forget the models) to me were inferior so I sold them pretty quick. Now that I understand only their Heritage and Cinema/Pro gear is still made in Hope, AR and the rest is made overseas,  makes sense why the new copper gear has been so underwhelming to me...obviously this is just my personal opinion  but has been my experience.