HAVE YOU ARRIVED AT YOUR FINAL SYSTEM AND WHAT’S IN IT? WHAT ARTIST IS YOUR GO TO?

My system is Infigo METHOD 4 DAC. METHOD 6 AMPLIFIER. GATO FM6 SPEAKERS. ALL INFIGO AUDIO CABLES. 2 REL 212SE SUBS. I LOVE LISTENING TO AHMAD JAMAL!

calvinj

Showing 1 response by toolbox149

@Bigtwim

“ My first "system" was a crystal radio with an ear plug at age 8. 60 years later I’ve learned a couple things. I’ve owned a few pieces of equipment. I went 20 years without changing a thing. In the past few years I’ve put together the system I’ll take to the end. “

hmmmm……. You could be the twin brother I never new I had. That is a total description of my audio life, right down to the crystal radio kit my uncle gave me for Christmas when I was 8. I remember, when I got it assembled, I taped it to the headboard of my bed. I didn’t have any money for a proper antenna, so I found a long spool of bare wire, connected it to the antenna input and used nails to hang it around the perimeter of my bedroom ceiling. Then, almost every night at bedtime , I would grab the single earphone and listen to my radio.
It only brought in one station clearly. That station used to broadcast Marquette University basketball games, which is probably the initial reason I attended Marquette U. years later. When there wasn’t a Marquette game on, the radio station played good ol’ 1957/58 rock and roll, which is probably the initial reason I became a musician and now an audiophile.

Like you, my system was basically unchanged for about 20 years and then about ten years ago, I got the audiophile bug.  I have recently finished my audio system and now my system is just about listening pleasure.

I haven’t remembered the crystal radio in quite a while. Thanks Uncle Dick, for the incredible Christmas gift; and thanks, my new twin brother, for reminding me.

Cheers,

Tim