Have any of you heard the Klipsch Forte speakers?

I currently own a pair of Totem Hawks but wanted something for our (very large) living room. There are a pair of Klipsch Fortes available at a very cheap price and I was wondering if these would be good as a, primarily, rock speaker. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
128x128griff_873

Showing 2 responses by wireless200

The Fortes go down to 32 Hz. I just listed a pair on Ebay. I loved my Fortes and thought I would never sell them. Don't meet the WAF though. IMO the Forte was the last great speaker Klipsch made and I've owned several sets of Klispch both before and after the Forte. If you're ok with the horn sound the Fortes will do you fine.
Heresys... good speakers but no bottom. I owned a pair before the Fortes. A pair of Heresys will swallow up a big amp. They'll take the watts but still won't produce bass.

The Fortes cabinets are built with a small stand on the bottom.

I think the Fortes were just a logical and more conventional extension of the Heritage line. Say you want more bass than the Heresys - a pair of LaScalas/Cornwalls? Not exactly high on WAF ratio. An old roommate had a pair of LaScalas and they're not living-room ware. I didn't care for the sound of the LaScalas myself but evidently speaker placement is very important with them.

Mantisory, I'll meet you on the border - but you need to bring a years supply of Labatts Blue. Used to drive across the border in Michigan for cases of Labatts. The US Border police didn't seem to mind how many cases we brought back in.

But yeah they do seem to range in price a lot. I think a good pair normally goes for 600~700 on average. I've noticed people seems to pay a higher price for the ones that were well taken care of and single owner, with boxes stuff like that.