Has anyone tried a linear power supply with a Weiss 204 or 205?

I recently purchased the 205 and am enjoying it.   Just curious if anyone has tried a linear power supply with it, and if so, what if any difference they heard...

Cheers

ddafoe

Showing 2 responses by map

I'm using an Sbooster with a 205. I prefer the sound with the Sbooster. I also added the add-on purifying gizmo. Could be a case of audio nervosa and/or confirmation bias though. The 205 itself seems to have been a huge upgrade over the Chord Qutest (which is now in a different system). I was using a Denafrips Iris DDC, so didn't need the features of the 204. Listening to a Mozart clarinet concerto right now. Beautiful. Note: I paid $1350 new (advertised price $1695, I think) for the 205, from Vintage King, after I got a call asking if there was anything I was interested in. I see that the advertised price is much higher now. Yikes!!!

@surround4life Yes, usb into the Denafrips Iris. But coaxial into the Weiss 205, not toslink. One possible cause for my preference for the Weiss over the Qutest is its ability to output 7.5v vs. maximum of 3v from the Qutest. Into a Benchmark HPA4 via XLR (Qutest has only RCA out) and then to a Benchmark AHB2 set for lowest gain.