Has anyone lost their best friend?

I have been blessed by the companionship of a Weimaraner/Doberman mix who was with us for 10 years. He loved to sit on the couch with me and listen to music. The loss of
his companionship has left a void that I was not ready for.
dapom
It makes me sad just thinking about your loss. My little buddy sits with me and listens to music almost every night. You will never forget your friend, but it is okay love another and to allow them to love you back. As you read this, there is a worthy friend just waiting to be loved. Go find that friend to share your life and music with.
Beautiful posts all. There is one thing in this world I love more than music and that is my 14 year old lab Grady. She is never too tired to walk with me-too bored too listen too me-Always happy to see me, never asks for anything in return. Knowing the time we have together is relatively short, I cherish every moment and that is part of the beauty of dogs. When Grady's time comes I will miss her more than words can say but I won't have any regrets because we make the most of every minute together. If people were half as nice as dogs the world would be a much better place. Thanks Dapom for sharing your sorrow of the passing of your buddy.
I thought I would tell everyone who has been kind enough
to share stories of the "best friend" in their lives, We
went and rescued a 8 month old pup. She is Bull mastiff &
Rhodesian Ridgeback mix, she is an excellent dog!
We have not had the chance to find out what music she
prefers yet.