Has anyone lost their best friend?

I have been blessed by the companionship of a Weimaraner/Doberman mix who was with us for 10 years. He loved to sit on the couch with me and listen to music. The loss of
his companionship has left a void that I was not ready for.
dapom
Likewise we have experienced a similar loss. It was as if I lost one of my children - that was 7 years ago and I still get tears! It is my belief that they will all be waiting for us on the other-side when our turn comes!! Ours stuck around the house for a week or so after the passing - we could hear her footsteps in the kitchen and an occasional bark at the back door. A house visitor heard it as well.

I share your loss!
I went through a period a few years back where I lost my two franchise kitties, Sylvester (16 years old) and Scooter (13 years old) within a few months of each other. Both were street rescues as kittens. These guys meant the world to me. Archie (17 years old - his picture appears in a few of my system shots) is nearing the end of the line. I have kept him alive over the last 3 years by giving him daily medications and fluids.

If it helps any, this is how I keep it in perspective ... our pets didn't want to leave, it was just their time to go.

Take care,

Rich
I want to thank all of you who responded - Moses would come in to my listening room when he heard Blues. I will eventually
try to rescue a Doberman - later.

It makes this time easier knowing this bond exists with each of you.
Thank You
OK, enuff! I was at the rescue shelter yesterday looking at boxer mixes to adopt and then I read this...LOL...how fitting!
Seriously...my condolences to you all. My shepherd, Max, died a few years ago. What a great dog and a great personality.
It hurts beyond words to suffer the loss of a special friend. When you get to heaven your dog will be waiting to welcome you.